> >> Today, I tried to delete one measure, at m133 in the first act, using
the
> >> Measure Tool delete command.  It took Finale over 11 minutes to
complete the
> >> edit.  Then an immediate save took nearly 3 minutes.  Subsequent saves
take
> >> about 45 seconds.  Saving a backup copy in Finale is off.

Just to let you know that you're not alone - I've found that doing extensive
cutting, pasting and deleting in a score causes incredible slowdowns, and
you mention that you've been doing edits for the composer.  I decided for
one piece (a string quartet) to try working entirely within Finale, and thus
was copying, inserting, deleting etc. with the Mass Mover tool all over the
place.  Not recommended - apart from Finale corrupting the file several
times, and doing things like copying and inserting 99% of a bar length
rather than 100% causing consequent rhythmic chaos, it got to the point
whereby even going from one note to another in speedy entry could cause a
minute delay.  This was in a piece of about 500 bars using Finale 2002, but
there were many, many edits before that point.

Perhaps what we need is some sort of 're-order entries' function within
Finale to correct such faults without having to copy everything into a new
file.

Matthew