Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

On Aug 19, 2004, at 11:27 AM, dhbailey wrote:

Dean M. Estabrook wrote:

I know this is a bit off topic, but you guys seem to know a lot of stuff. I just tried to burn a CD on my iMac. It plays back fine on my computer, but no CD player I own will read it at all. As per instructions, I checked the Itunes preferences, and selected Audio CD in the Burn pane. Anybody have a clue?
I thank you in advance for your collective wisdom.

Did you use CDrw media or CDr? Did you finalize the disk? Older CD players have a problem reading either type of CD medium, but newer ones will often read the CDr but not the CDrw medium. The best and newest ones will read both formats.

Thanks for the reply David. As per my last post, you will see that you are correct .... I used the wrong type of medium. However, I did not finalize the disc, not did I see an option in iTunes to do so. I'm not sure where to look for that process.

It could be that iTunes automatically finalizes music CDs so you don't have an option. But since you've discovered what the problem was you should be all set.