On Aug 24, 2004, at 4:13 PM, Kathleen Muscettola wrote:

Thank you all for the helpful information.  What a great list!
I ended up buying Finale at a great price from an academic website.

I find it very interesting that a collection of informed, balanced and fair-minded considerations of the advantages and disadvantages of both Finale and Sibelius led a person to buy Finale.

If instead there was a lot of shouting about how Finale is superior and Sibelius is for stupid people -- which was a fairly typical reaction in the past -- I wonder if it would have had the same result. My guess is it wouldn't.

mdl