Dean M. Estabrook writes:

> And, where is the outrage over the HOST crowd preventing the
> start of a race via the jeering directed at three Americans who simply
> came to their country to compete in an environment of purported equal
> access and non bias?   Considering the fact that the situation was
> caused by the misdeeds of a dishonorable Greek athlete in the first
> place, one is truly disgusted and shocked by this indefensible
> behavior.

Frankly, I can't see how you can see this as a protest against the
Americans. In our country at least, the booing was considered to be
a protest against the IOC (and WADA) that they "hunted" an
"innocent" Greek athlete, with the result that he "could not
participate" in the 200m.

Fact #1: There were athletes from other countries than the US in the
200m finals.

Fact #2: The booing did not occur at the price ceremony of the
200m, where 3 Americans stood on the podium.

Best regards,

Jari Williamsson