Ryan Beard writes:

I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of an errant
hyphen in lyrics. I can re-type the syllables into the
score, but the hyphen just seems to move around at
will. I've tried going into the EDIT LYRICS dialogue,
but as luck would have it, this portion of lyrics
somehow doesn't show up there. Other chucks of lyrics
are missing from there as well.

I've tried covering the yphen with an opaque note
expression to cover it up, but whenever i redwraw the
screen the hyphen reappears. It doesn't seem to be
affected by these cover-ups.

I've already spent at least a half hour on this one
little stupid thing. I've turned off Smart Hyphens and
Word Extensions, but to no avail. I really don't feel
like re-entering the lyrics. Afterall, this is a 130
page document, and Finale is starting to run really
slowly. I'm in the final stages of creating this, so
any step backwards is a huge one.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Or how to make the
opaque expressions work?

Ryan,

This problem appears when you type in a word with more than one syllable and abandon it before the whole word is entered. It create an orphan hyphen, sometimes more than one. Find the multiple-syllable word closest before the orphan hyphen and replace it together with the continuing syllable(s). In future, never leave a word with hyphen before you have entered the whole word.

Hal
--
Harold Owen
2830 Emerald St., Eugene, OR 97403