On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:21:16 +0100, d. collins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mark D Lew écrit:
>
> >For what it's worth, I guess my preference would be that the Finale List
> >archives remain google-able, but it's only a slight preference.
> >It's not something that I care about enough to lobby for.
>
> Why Google, since it's possible to have searchable archives without making
> them public?

It doesn't necessarily have to be Google-indexed, just searchable in
some form or fashion. If the list server at SHSU would implement
mailman2 (as Hiro described), there would be no issue here.

By the way, I applaud Henry for setting password protection on the
archives. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad my personal information and
list communication are now private. However, for the archive to be
truly functional it will need to be searchable. Up until now, that
function was performed by Google; now, something else must be devised.

--
Brad Beyenhof
[EMAIL PROTECTED]