On May 21, 2005, at 5:16 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

So far as I know, though, even Word 2003 can't import PDFs. If it
were part of the OS, as with Word on OS X, then I expect it would be
supported.

It supports importing PDF's but the result is the same as AppleWorks; anti-aliasing shadowing all over the place.

I'm actually rather surpised that the Mac Word development team
hasn't done a better job. Are you sure the results are just bad with
Word's default import settings, as they are on the PC?

From what Darcy says, the replacement of AppleWorks supports PDFs no problem. AppleWorks6 dates back to when OSX first came out, so the fact that they can be imported at all is surprising.

I guess I will be looking into replacing my venerable AppleWorks. I kinda liked it; so I hope they haven't screwed it up too much.

Christopher