On Jun 10, 2005, at 11:00 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Chuck Israels / 2005/06/10 / 01:40 PM wrote:

I have asked about this before, and not been able to resolve the
problem despite suggestions from Darcy and Hiro, so I simply put up
with it and re-boot whenever necessary.  But there's something wrong,
and I think it has to do with GPO.  I'd like to understand it better,
so I'm describing it again in the hope of gleaning something useful
from people who know more about computers "under the hood" than I do.

G 5 with newly installed mucho RAM (3.5 GB) which I thought might
help but didn't. Tiger OS.

Hi Chuck,
I have a suspicion at Tiger itself quite a while.

Me too.

There are at least 2
other apps I run displays problem similar to what you describe. The app slows down when Tiger is doing some other task, and the app never regain
speed until it is restarted (not reboot).  I have pinged this to many
places but has not received any response yet.  Workaround is easy as
restarting the offending app.

When you check Activity Monitor, does memory usage increase over time
while left idle?  If so, there can be a memory leak.

I will try to understand how to see this in the Activity Monitor and report back.

GPO charged my credit card a while ago, and I have been patiently
waiting for my copy to arrive :-f

Well, when you do get it, we'll all benefit from your experience with it, assuming some of us old fogies can plumb the depths of your descriptions of computer operation (a reference to my shortcomings in this regard, not to the clarity of your communications to those who are familiar with the jargon and all the operations you know about.)

Thanks,

Chuck

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836