I don't think Tiger is to blame for this.

I'm on G5 1.6 3 gig RAM and OSX 10.39.

Jerry

On 10-Jun-05, at 2:00 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Chuck Israels / 2005/06/10 / 01:40 PM wrote:

I have asked about this before, and not been able to resolve the
problem despite suggestions from Darcy and Hiro, so I simply put up
with it and re-boot whenever necessary.  But there's something wrong,
and I think it has to do with GPO.  I'd like to understand it better,
so I'm describing it again in the hope of gleaning something useful
from people who know more about computers "under the hood" than I do.

G 5 with newly installed mucho RAM (3.5 GB) which I thought might
help but didn't. Tiger OS.

Hi Chuck,
I have a suspicion at Tiger itself quite a while.  There are at least 2
other apps I run displays problem similar to what you describe. The app slows down when Tiger is doing some other task, and the app never regain
speed until it is restarted (not reboot).  I have pinged this to many
places but has not received any response yet.  Workaround is easy as
restarting the offending app.

When you check Activity Monitor, does memory usage increase over time
while left idle?  If so, there can be a memory leak.

GPO charged my credit card a while ago, and I have been patiently
waiting for my copy to arrive :-f

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>