finally! a mixer!!! woo-hoo! - no more clarinet/kazoo dominating playback!

On Jun 22, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jun 22, 2005, at 3:28 PM, Chuck Israels wrote:

Hi folks,

Am I the only one who has seen the announcement of Finale 2006? There's usually a lot of discussion when these things are announced, and there seem to be some significant improvements (along with the usual bells and whistles), including what looks like a real improvement in control of mass copying behavior, much more flexibility and efficiency in dealing with libraries, and some help with graphic export (something I rarely use, but would if it were easier. There's also integration with Garritan (nice for me, since I now seem to be a little part of that, and will certainly find use for the jazz sound samples), and improved Kontact integration (or so the PR seems to indicate).

They mention July 2005. I just got the email notice now. But when I tried to pre-order, Firefox kept telling me that the document contained no data. Safari works fine, though.

One thing, I noticed that Garritan Jazz and Big Band Collection is announced as well, on the check out page, at US$ 199.00. From the Garritan website it costs $259. I was hoping to get a reduction since I already own the Personal Orchestra, but it looks like Finale is the key to getting a discount.

Christopher