On Jun 22, 2005, at 3:10 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:

Hi Chris,

You might want to hold off on buying the GPO Jazz Edition from Coda. Gary Garritan writes:

We will have a special upgrade promotion for GPO users when the Jazz and Big Band library is released.
 Gary Garritan

http://northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35724

No word yet whether it will be more or less than the Finale upgrade price.

I'm also *extremely* disappointed the jazz version won't include bass clarinet. That's insane. Bass clarinet is probably *the* most commonly-used double today, at least in small-group jazz. They include piccolo and alto flute in the jazz collection but not bass clarinet.

It won't affect me (much) since I can use the bass clarinet from regular GPO, but sheesh.

Hi Darcy,

For what it's worth, I told Gary this weeks ago. I am in the same position as you and can get this sound from the orchestra set, but I think Gary is not aware of what's going on in the jazz world. You might write him and tell him what you think. I don't think the package is yet finalized, and I suppose they could simply import the samples from the other library.

Don't underestimate the effect of multiple emails.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836