On 07 Jul 2005, at 4:24 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

While we are on about it: House styles is another area where Sibelius is far superior to Finale.

Several times I have suggested ways how some house style functionality could be added to Finale with as I understand very limited programming effort (as most of it is already in Finale, just not used).

All it needs from my perspective:
- More fields in the File info, which should all be addable via placeholders.
- Better handling of default fonts
- a description field for articulations
- a set of plugins which can deal with moving the notation data from one template to another, utilizing the above (ie distiguishing standard articulations like staccato etc by their description field), plus the ability to run certain plugins automatically (like Patterson beams).

As far as I can see this would open the way for house styles, in a more flexible way than Sibelius offers.

All of that would be great. Sibelius has had House Styles for some time now (maybe even since v1.0?) and an alternative solution for Finale is long overdue.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY