I think you are somewhat missing the point. It's not about supporting any kind of style element, it is about switching between different house styles. In Sibelius I understand you can switch between house styles at the click of the mouse, while in Finale try doing this.

In Sibelius this also includes the position of texts etc on the page. That's where things get really dirty in Finale.

Johannes

Noel Stoutenburg schrieb:
Johannes Gebauer wrote:

While we are on about it: House styles is another area where Sibelius is far superior to Finale.

In my considerations of Sibelius, the closed, proprietary way they treat the data file structure is such an early consideration, that I'm not reached the point of understanding exactly what a house style is. Intuitively, this would reaonsably include what fonts to use, details of spacing, of line widths, of beaming methods, of shape and spacing, of ties and slurs. But I can create a Finale template document which has the line thicknesses, and staff and system spacings, and font selections, and even additional "insert" items as reserved text blocks, and which pre-loads designated libraries.

What can a Sibelius "House Style" do that one cannot do with a Finale template?

ns

http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de