On 08 Jul 2005, at 5:08 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

Well, if your computer supports only USB 1.x, attaching a USB 2 MIDI
interface won't get you USB 2 performance.

My suggestion was predicated on getting a USB 2.0 PCI card.

Another option I forgot to mention earlier: if you have built-in Bluetooth, you can use a wireless keyboard and mouse, which would free up some bandwidth on the USB bus.

(Of course, if you don't have built-in Bluetooth, putting a USB Bluetooth transmitter on the same USB 1.1 bus as your MIDI interface would make the problem worse, not better.)

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY