David W. Fenton wrote:

[snip)

Does anyone know if MakeMusic is intending to provide finer control over HP parameters than one finds in Finale 2005?

And, ACK, why does everything have REVERB turned up so high? Reverb doesn't improve synthesized sound at all -- just makes it harder to hear! I quickly adjusted that to turn it off!

http://www.finalemusic.com/finale/features/hearyourmusic/humanplayback.aspx

is the URL for their page listing what they feel are the important details. This starts http:// and ends with .aspx in case it gets split on your display.

Interestingly they mention that they are including "More custom settings — reverb room types, marching band options, support for Garritan Personal Orchestra, and more." and they mention specifically "marching band options" so with this feature they are aware of marching bands but not if we want to use Garritan sounds. They don't itemize what those marching band options are -- maybe it's "playback without saxes using GPO." :-)

--
David H. Bailey