Editing this file won't do any good. In this file there is nowhere any mention of "Violino", yet after using the Wizard, that's what the violin is called. Somehow Finale must access both this file _and_ the instrument.txt file, and trying to change the relationship of the two is going to be a nightmare.

Personally I think this has been very badly solved by MM.

Johannes

Darcy James Argue schrieb:

On 06 Aug 2005, at 2:20 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 02:10 PM 08/06/2005, dhbailey wrote:
>There is a file called gpoinstrument.txt which you could make a  copy of
>and then edit to change those arabic numerals to roman numerals, and
>change "cello" to "violoncello."

I think Darcy was cautioning not to change this file, but I don't remember why.

Because it's *very* easy to mess it up beyond all repair if you don't know what you're doing. It's not something for casual users to mess with. But Johannes is not a casual user. [Still, Johannes, make a backup first!]

Editing this file should actually solve Johannes's problem. The "InstType" field determines the Finale staff name, so changing the InstType on [INS:Cellos KS] from "Cello" to "Violoncello" should work.

As for the arabic vs. roman numerals on the violins, unfortunately that seems to be a hardwired bug in the 2006 Setup Wizard. You could change the InstType for the [INS:Violins 1 KS] to "Violono I", but then you'd just get "Violono I 1". Just one more thing that will (hopefully) be fixed for maintenance.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY