Hi Hiro,

Nice idea, but the X-keys keyboard only talks to Finale through Quickeys, so I don't see a way around this.

In other words, the X-keys keyboard is programmed to duplicate multiple keystrokes on the Mac keyboard, reducing them to single keys - a nice, seemingly elegant, solution. Those Mac keyboard keystrokes are, in turn, programmed to call up Quickeys Macros (sent to me most kindly by Karen - they are a little troublesome for me to set up, and she seems to be very good at this). So there's no way to get around the Quickeys part of things. You can, however, circumvent the X-keys by learning and executing the multiple keystrokes (modifier key/ another key) to get the Quickeys macros to work. BTW, Quickeys seems conflict free, so far, in this version (3.1).

Maybe the X-keys people will fix their software. Darcy suggested looking on Versiontracker for other software to control the X-keys, but I wouldn't know where to look. Besides, I think they should fix this.

Chuck