On 16 Sep 2005, at 15:56, Williams, Jim wrote:
Please consider:

1. The ossia tool
2. The mirror tool
3. The tempo tool
4. The MIDI tool
5. The rhyming dictionary
6. The Band-in-a-Box harmonizer.

1. Yes, a few times. But it's a bore. A really useful Ossia tool would let you place, anywhere on the score, an extra portion of staff into which you could enter music directly, as many measures as needed. No messing around with a "source staff" which is then hidden: Finale should take care of this sort of stuff behind the scenes. 2. No. I've often tried, but I always find that there needs to be some small difference between the two parts and the Mirror tool wont allow it. 3. A few times. But as of 2006 we have the tempo tap staff to do tempo editing.
4. Yes, to make an audio demo sound a little bit musical.
5 and 6. Never tried, but who knows: maybe I may find them useful one day.

I would add to the list: "SNAP TO GRID". I've used the guides a couple of times, but I can't see why a grid of squares might be useful for a musical score. Does anybody use the "Snap to Grid" function, and if they do, which items are chosen to snap to the grid?

Michael Cook