On 17 Sep 2005 at 14:49, Christopher Smith wrote:

> On Sep 17, 2005, at 2:40 PM, Owain Sutton wrote:

> > Staff styles are a nightmare when you have several of them at work
> > at once.  I'll sometimes have one affecting the notehead font,
> > another removing barlines, and so on, all overlapping in different
> > places. Keeping track of which are applied to which parts of the
> > score is awful - and this again is a result of a poor and
> > inconsistent UI.
>
> In the Staff Menu, check Show Staff Style Names. No problems keeping
> track now.

Well, what do you you know! I didn't know such a thing existed.

> I also reduced the intensity of the colour of staff styles, so that I
> could see though them more easily.

The bright blue line is not transparent enough?

I wish the style name were larger, because right now with my reduced
visual acuity (a temporary situation -- perhaps you've noticed my
inaccurate typing lately), I can't read it at all.

I also see that multiple styles are displayed by multiplying the
number of blue bars.

OK, this UI is just fine, after all. I wonder why displaying the
names is not turned on by default? How could it be an inconvenience?