On 07.11.2005 Andrew Stiller wrote:
> Why would one keep the beam breaks and then discard most of the
> reversed beams?

I don't believe either Johannes or I gave any indication of how many of the reversed beams we discarded.

Actually, I do discard most of them. The only exception I can think of right now:
a) piano or organ parts with beams between the staves,
b) Exceptionally large leaps where the beams would be positioned very awquardly far away from the staves, c) polyphonic (violin-) parts on single stave where the voice leading needs to be preserved
d) very rarely to preserve the beauty of an original print.

None of these cases except for a) has happened in the last year or so.

Johannes

--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de