On 14 Nov 2005 at 18:09, Christopher Smith wrote:

> One of my students is using WinFin2005, and needs to export PDFs. How
> would he do that on his Windows box? Does he need Adobe Acrobat? I
> couldn't help him because I only have access to 2002 on PC, and use
> Mac at home. I know how to do it on Mac with the print dialogue.

The answer to this question has nothing specific to do with Finale.
What your student needs is simply some kind of software on his
computer that can create PDFs. There are free products like pdf995
(which is what I use) that install a PDF converter as a printer
driver that can be used from any software that prints. It works just
fine (with an advertisement that pops up while the PDF is being
written). The website is pdf995.com. It is necessary to install the
ghostscript support as well as the pfd995 software, but that's pretty
clearly explained on the download page.

I'm sure there are other alternatives, both free and $$. I, for one,
would never buy Acrobat -- Adobe's software is badly enough designed
that it's barely justifiable as free software (e.g., Acrobat Reader),
so I would certainly never *pay* for further punishment from Adobe's
poorly designed offerings.