I use Quark XPress (which is a bit pricy) and eps graphics are wonderful.  I
often save entire Finale pages as eps docs and they print like lightening.
I often use an "expamples" page and use bits and pieces of it as needed with
only one eps page as the source...all beautiful and fast.

Quark is incredibly useful for many different things, and rock-solid.  I
think it's about $700 new, but I wouldn't use anything else.  Just my
opinion...

Bill