>> Now that the EPS problem seems to be sorted out....

> Is that true? I have not upgraded from 2005 (and won't until some
bugs are
> corrected - including the EPS one).

Yes, EPS export is finally working on Windows. I'm able to open Finale
EPS files in Illustrator 10 when I do an export from 2006b on my
Windows XP SP2 system.

Another nice, underhyped bug fix in 2006b is that smart shape dashed
lines are now WYSIWYG. They no longer end in different places on the
page and on screen, and they always end at the same place on screen no
matter the zoom percentage.

I haven't seen any change to the on-screen appearance of PDF staff
lines, though.

Michael