On 25.01.2006 dhbailey wrote:
Take the time to create PDF files now -- they're easy to print, are likely to
be a file format that will survive for quite a long while, and you can control
how they're setup (password protection or not, page layout, whatever.)

I very much agree, and it looks like PDF will be one of the longer liver file formats.

However, if you really want to save them, don't rely on CD-Rs, or DVD-Rs for that matter. I just heard a feature in the radio where they had someone who seemed to know something about it, and he said CD-Rs are unlikely to last more than 10 years without errors, and he would recommend to re-copy them every 2 to 3 years.

Kind of worrying!

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com