On 05.04.2006 Darcy James Argue wrote:
For people who didn't click Karen's link -- Apple has introduced a public beta
of Boot Camp, an officially-sanctioned and supported dual-boot solution. It was
already possible to install Windows XP on a MacIntel machine using third-party
hacks, but now Apple has decided to offer their own solution.

Let's hope that this will still keep the Mac and it's OS alive. On the other hand I believe this is great news! I am pretty sure many people (including myself) will use this as an excuse to upgrade their computers to the new intel Macs. I am waiting to hear how special Win software (in my case especially Audio software) will perform on those Macs, and how well it interacts with the hardware, and with USB and Firewire devices like my Motu.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de