I am not against the idea, if some people find it useful, but I want Finale to have modern drawing tools within the Shape Designer. Right now I feel like entering the Paint software that was part of Windows 95 (maybe earlier). I don't like the «Commodore 64» feel to it! Anyway I would not rely on imported graphics. Embedded graphics in Finale 2006 was appealing when it was announced but I read many stories about people not being able to open files containing these graphics. With the amount of projects I am working on, I would not jeopardize with my files. If I have to add some graphics, I always put them directly into Pagemaker.

Eric Dussault
Finale 2006c for Mac
Real-time Finale discussion - http://www.finaleirc.com