On 5/4/06 8:19 AM, "Christopher Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On May 4, 2006, at 8:31 AM, Scot Hanna-Weir wrote:
>>
>> What we really want is easy dashing of hairpins and ties. (I know about
>> making a smart shape and setting a slur instead of a tie, but I wish
>> it were
>> easier).
>>

> I understand about the dashed hairpins (two dashed Smart Lines would be
> an enormous pain to align, especially if there were a whole bunch of
> them) but once again, I'm having trouble getting my brain around dashed
> ties. What would be easier than entering a dashed slur? How would you
> like that implemented that would be easier?
>
> Christopher

    My reason for wanting dashed ties is that they are implemented
differently from slurs in finale. Contours, thicknesses and positioning can
all be defined differently for ties than for slurs, and especially in terms
of positioning and contour, our ties are different from our slurs, and so
any time I enter a dashed tie as a slur, I have to manually redraw and
reposition that entry. I do that, and it's okay, but it'd be nice if in the
advanced tools I could just check a box. Obviously, this is just a dream
feature, as I'm sure most people would have very little use for it. Blame
our editorial style if you must. =)

--
Scot Hanna-Weir
Music Engraver