On Jun 17, 2006, at 10:29 AM, Carl Dershem wrote:

Most shows have long stretches of "I'd be reading the paper now, but the conductor would get mad", middling stretches of just plain work, and a few instances of "let's hope I survive this bit tonight", but they almost always have something associated that's good for stories that last years.

Or me doing the NY Magazine/London Times puns and anagrams crossword puzzle (mostly unsuccessfully) between scenes while conducting "Promises, Promises" at the Schubert Theater and leaving Jerry Orbach and Larry Haynes standing on stage looking down at me and doing a slow burn while waiting for their music cue - a moment that lives in infamy! Probably only lasted a few seconds, but it seemed an eternity to them and was a terrible embarrassment to me.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836