At 12:48 PM -0400 8/16/06, Raymond Horton wrote:

Yes, but all of those should be enharmonically changed in both the score and the parts.

I would ordinarily agree, but I'm not sure it's true in this case. (Or that it isn't!!)

In the case of parts, you are changing the tablature by using enharmonic equivalents and giving it precedence over proper chord spelling. In the case of the score, the conductor needs to be able to read the chords, which should be spelled properly. Two separate problems, two different solutions.

Opinions, anyone? (Well of COURSE! We can't even agree on whether concert or transposed scores are better!!!)

John

--
John & Susie Howell
Virginia Tech Department of Music