Darcy James Argue / 2006/08/16 / 03:09 PM wrote:

>For transposed scores, I disagree. The conductor should normally have
>the same spelling as the players. If you make readability adjustments
>to the enharmonics in the part, those should be included in the score
>as well.

I respectfully disagree.  Most of the situations I get in is where music
is read on site.  I avoid B#, Cb, E# and Fb on parts including chord
names, but the score needs to stay correct.  In my compositions, the
'correct' means psychologically speaking, because my music never have
key sig, even for transposed parts.  It is very important to me.

But are we not talking about 'choice' here?

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>