--- Johannes Gebauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On 15.08.2006 Robert Patterson wrote:

> > The Unlink from Parts option is grayed out until
> there actually are parts present. What we were
> discussing is setting this up once in a template.
> >

> Stupid. Really stupid.

I'd call it necessary. Where is an object going to
show up at if it's not linked when the part is
initially created? It sounds to me like we'd have some
extremely unpredictable behavior if the creation of a
part didn't initially have objects placed in the same
way that they are placed in the score (and in the same
show/hide state). This is easy to work with - just
create your parts initially (which is the default
behavior now).