For whatever reason, this particular checkbox seems to cause a number of issues
when left unchecked!

________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of Johannes Gebauer
Sent: Sat 26-Aug-06 17:59
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Linked parts

On 26.08.2006 Chuck Israels wrote:
> I found "Create MM Rests" in Manage Parts/Parts Creation Preferences, but
> turning it on and off does nothing.  There's no change.  I still have an
> incorrect MM rest at the beginning and no more MM rests later in the piece.
> This is completely wrong and obstinate behavior.
>
> Then I took Christopher's suggestion and re-defined all the measure
> attributes - the whole piece.  Nothing changes, so I am stumped.

Here is the answer:

It is a document option, go to:

Document OPtions -> Multimeasure Rests

There is a checkbox "Update automatically".

I didN't mean Create MM Rests in the Manage parts, but in the measure
tool's context menu (or in the MM Rest submenu). That should always
work, same way as in earlier versions.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com <http://www.musikmanufaktur.com/>