Johannes,

Many thanks. This repaired the problem, but there seems to be a hitch in the program just the same. When I checked "update automatically" in the Document Options, that repaired the problem in the first few measure, but the rest of the measures were still individual rests. The measure tool/select all/create MM rests fixes that, but I wonder if I've done something that prevented that from being done automatically by the program, as it used to be in the old part extraction procedure.

Anyway, I can now work with this, thanks to your kind help.

Chuck