Sure, Aaron,

I get that. But then you lose the other advantage of having the part linked to the score, if you want to make changes later.

You win some........

That was my point. You have to choose, and the kind of music you're writing, and how many revisions you anticipate having to make, govern that decision. I'm not complaining about this - just trying to understand the choices and, by communicating my thoughts, help others to make efficient choices.

Chuck

On Aug 27, 2006, at 10:13 AM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 11:59 AM 8/27/2006, Chuck Israels wrote:
>for many kinds of music, and many editing circumstances, it takes
>much longer to format a set of parts this way, if the music you are
>working on is mostly concerted - where many instruments have similar
>entrances and exits (like conventional big band music).  In that
>case, the method of formatting a lead part, saving it as a second,
>third and fourth part, emptying those parts and refilling with the
>appropriate entries saves a lot of time.

But you can still do that in Fin07, if you want. Make your score, extract a part (to a separate file, as you used to do), and do all the copying you want. Remember that you are not forced to use linked parts if you don't want to.

Aaron.

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836