This happens to me consistently in FinMac 2007, too, starting from a new document key signature C.

Even weirder, when I hit the 9 to shift enharmonics, the D changes to an E with no double-flat, as it is supposed to!

Definitely a bug, and definitely one that MakeMusic needs to know about and squash as soon as possible. This version of Finale doesn't seem ready for prime time yet.

Christopher