On 3 Oct 2006 at 22:31, Éric Dussault wrote:

> Le 06-10-02 à 22:01, David W. Fenton a écrit :
>
> > How so? It is only a problem when Finale uses the wrong enharmonic
> > spelling. If you hit a black key you get either a flat or a sharp,
> > according to the enharmonic mapping in place for the key in
> > question.
>
> Music really doesn't have to be complicated to mix sharps and flats.
> Maybe it is unusual in baroque and pre-baroque music, but in the
> music of Today, even tonal, it happens all the time.

I have to correct enharmonics in the music I enter via MIDI, yes, of
course. Is it slower to enter via MIDI and correct the enharmonics on
a second pass than doing it all at once with the computer keyboard?
Absolutely not!

> > I correct enharmonic errors on the first editing pass, the same one
> > where I do beaming and stem direction.
>
> It's not what I call a time-saving entry method if you have to
> correct it afterwards. My note entry in speedy with computer keyboard
> is always correct the first time I enter music. I dare to believe it
> saves me time. That's all, really.

The two passes are faster than one pass with the computer keyboard.

I've done it.

For 6 years I had no MIDI keyboard, so I know that the MIDI keyboard
is *much* faster for me.

And entry by computer keyboard still takes other passes for entering
articulations and expressions, so it's not like there's much of a
difference there.