On 4 Oct 2006 at 15:45, Christopher Smith wrote:

> So David, I would respectfully submit that it is possible for two
> people to use different work flow methods that are the fastest method
> for each of them. Saying that it is "absolutely" faster to switch
> enharmonics on the second pass rather than the first is not
> necessarily true.

I was intending an assumed "for me" in all that I wrote.

Someone was trying to tell me that *for me* the enharmonics should be
a problem, but my point is that it is not -- it isn't faster *for me*
to use the computer keyboard, where the enharmonics can get corrected
immediately.

And, of course, I can correct the enharmonics while entering with the
MIDI keyboard, too, since 9 is not a rhythmic value. I generally
don't, because I breeze through in a rhythm about half that of actual
performance, but for those who wouldn't want to miss them, you could
easily do it on the spot if you know Finale's enharmonic mappings
well enough.

But, again, I didn't intend to say that it's faster for everyone. I
was just objecting to the suggestion that enharmonic corrections made
it slower *for me*, which is how I read the introduction of the
issue.