> Certainly it does. There is absolutely a provision for noting the key
> signature in a MIDI file. FInale has an option for inferring it, too,
> but if you write like I do, it will be useless.

Well, basically I used a bad example to mean the same thing.  The point
is, with notation we write more information that makes sense for
comprehension and playability.  You're write a lot of people don't use
key signatures because they are modulating all over the place anyway.
But which enharmonic version of a note is not purely random, there is
usually a method to the madness...and I'm not sure how you would extract
that out of a midi file.  that is just one simple example I was trying
to think of.  I'm sure there are many others.

> I feel your pain, but I have a completely different solution to the
> recalcitrant director who won't sign off on a cheesy-sounding MIDI
> mockup.
>
> I play him a MIDI mockup from a previous project, telling him, "This
> is similar to what you are going to hear. MIDI only, synths in their
> untweaked glory." The cheesier, the better, because the contrast will
> be so much sharper.
>
> Then I play him the final version, with live musicians and first-rate
> mixdown engineer. He is blown away. Then I say, "Keep in mind that
> the cheesy mockup you are about to hear is only a cheesy mockup. The
> final version will be this good."

A good work around solution.  I hope Finale can continue to evolve
though.
                 |"Music is a manifestation of the human spirit
Steve Schow      | similar to a language.  If we do not want such
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | things to remain dead treasures, we must do our
www.bstage.com   | upmost to make the greatest number of people