On 07 Oct 2006, at 4:56 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

Surely not. Using the same patch for multiple staves does not sound
anything like a the same number of actual players, each of which has
an individual sound.

Which is why all Garritan libraries include multiple "player variations" for each instrument (which can create convincing unisons because they do not have any samples in common), and often completely different sample sets using different players on different instruments as well.

I expect that Garritan Marching and Concert Band will include not only many more sample sets and player variations within each instrument family, it will also include samples for massed flutes, massed clarinets, etc (the same way GPO includes samples for massed violins, etc). I also expect the variety of percussion choices will be much more extensive than GPO percussion.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]