I have two computers to do it. I run Kontkat on my PC (2.3 Gigahertz), and run some instruments on my Dual 1.8 Ghz G4. I can do about 8 or so complex GPO sounds on the PC. Depends on the patch. On the Mac, I generally can get a full saxophone section using Garritan Jazz. Generally though, I have to record about 3 audio tracks to get a full mockup rendered.

Randolph Peters wrote:
Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
I have a good laptop with a gig of RAM and it's a recent vintage, so the CPU can
handle what Garritan requires.

I'm sorry to disillusion you, but 1GB RAM with any speed processor will NOT give you the ability to do full orchestral mockups. It will give you about 5 or 6 tracks with Keyswitching (others might get more), but not the whole enchilada.

GPO and Finale GPO load the samples into RAM and 1 GB can get used up very quickly. Kontakt 2 (not Kontakt Player 2) can play samples from the disk, but with a lot of voices or polyphony, that often yields poor results.

Is anyone on this list doing full orchestral mockups using only GPO? And if so, what kind of computer and technical specs do you have?

-Randolph Peters