On 23.02.2007 Darcy James Argue wrote:
The default Mixer setting is determined by Finale. I believe it used to be lower when
using GPO instruments (in Fin2006a and up), but for some reason it got set back to
"101" again for Finale 2007, which is much too high. Strictly speaking, this is
a Finale problem, not a Garritan problem, though I agree that the two companies could do
a much better job of trying to get their products to work together for better
out-of-the-box results.

I wasn't blaming GPO.

The Ambience reverb is actually a third-party product licensed by Garritan. I
have no idea why the default presets are so poorly designed, but it's easy to
create and save your own presets.

The point is, it should work out of the box. It doesn't. It's poor design, and it is too much hassle for me to even get a reasonable result most of the time. So I rarely use GPO. Once a year at most.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de