On Mar 11, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Mar 11, 2007, at 10:44 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I forgot what the
outcome was, and perhaps there are better ways in newer versions?

What is the best way to get bariolage beaming? Ie, first note down,
second note up, third note down, fourth note up, all ups beamed to
gether, all downs beamed together.

I know this is possible with some canny workarounds, but what is the
best way to do it?

Am I missing something? I had no trouble in FinMac entering eighth note, eighth rest for a bar of 4/4 in layer 1, then going back and beaming everything together (watch what you are on, because if you hit the / while on a NOTE, it BREAKS the beam and you can't create one at all for that note now! Make sure you are on the REST.) After that, THEN hide the rests. Repeat for layer 2, but start with a rest. It all works perfectly.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I just read the emails that came afterwards. The problem is the sixteenth beams getting broken.

I got good results with a variation of Robert's approach in 2/4. I entered the starting sixteenths in Layer 1 as 4 sixteenths in the space of 1 half, tuplet indications hidden. I then entered in Layer 2 a sixteenth rest, which I hid, then 4 sixteenths as a tuplet in the space of 1 half again hidden. Theoretically, this makes the measure a sixteenth too long, but it spaced perfectly for me on the same repeated pitch.

Christopher