Someone wrote (I forget who ;)

I am a person with a pretty definitive
schedule, and a busy one, at that.  Why should it follow, then, that
I have no time for anything else?  Or more specifically, don't have
time to appreciate good aesthetic experiences?  Just because I might
have to pass by the world-famous violinist in the subway because I
need to get to work on time in the morning?

I suppose I'm lucky that I have a job that arriving 5 minutes late
isn't that big of a deal; and considering how many others stop and
watch musicians in NYC's subways, I'm guessing they can be a few
minutes late too.  People take time for things they value, so if
Washingtonians decided to ignore Joshua Bell, then oh well, that's
their loss.

Kim Patrick Clow