On 14-May-07, at 9:17 AM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

You have been keep saving me, Christopher!

Heh, heh, thanks! Well, I pay back what I get...

I am curious, tho.  Creating an empty part first seems to be totally
unnatural process to me.  Is it OK with everyone else?

There is NOTHING about Finale that I found natural at first, and some of it was (and still is) completely counterintuitive. All I do is shrug and learn how Finale wants me to do it. Sometimes I swear, too. On the plus side, I only have to deal with this item with old files or when adding instruments to existing files, as parts are created automatically when I use the Setup Wizard.

I notice in the status bar I get helpful hints sometimes about tool behaviour that save me from doing something stupid. Aaron mentioned one place where a hint like that would save a lot of trouble; the Generate Parts button, which will erase all your existing parts!

Christopher