We have a real collector in our orchestra. Only guy I know to have a D clarinet, a C clarinet, a basset horn, a great bass clarinet with a low C, etc., etc..

He wants to be able to play anything on the instrument for which it was written. I forget if he said he has a clarinet in every key, or is lacking something in G. (Is there anything?)

I'd have to venture an opinion that _Til Eeulenspiegel_ sounds just a bit fuller, fatter on D clarinet than Eb. But it is slight, and if I didn't know about the difference I probably would never notice.

Ray Horton
Louisville Orchestra