I haven't been reading everything in this thread, but I will throw in that I had some strange sounds from GPO and HP that I discovered were a strange implementation of hairpin playback. I reduced the hairpin effect, but in some cases I also eliminated some hairpins for the playback file.

Raymond Horton

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
David,

Good sequence of questions...