I took a trip to the local Apple Store (Providence Mall) and one of the
techs said to check my Trash; the files may still be there. (otherwise he
recommended a 3rd party product; thank you all for your suggestions). The
question I didn't think to ask him (until after I left, naturally)
was, the drive has not been re-formatted; but, it does not have the name I
gave it, so I'm assuming it will need to be formatted before I can
move the files back on to it. Is this true? AND, I do understand there is
a distinction between recovering formatted disks and Un-deleting. What I
need is un-delete. I'm assuming if I re-format, all chances of
recovering the files are lost; yes, or no?

> Recovering
Formatted disks is different than Undeleting files. Disk

Warrior, and TechTools Pro are good tools. They might work. These two

http://pcwin.com/Utilities/File___Disk_Management/Recover_Data_for_Mac/index.htm

> http://www.datarecoverymac.com/
>
> Your best
bet is to use your backup if there is nothing you really need

on that drive (ie: sample library that really hasn't changed in months).

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>> Anyone who has any idea how I can UN-ERASE my secondary
internal
>> 300GB hard disk in my pre-Intel MAC G5 2.0 Ghz, OS
10.4.6, please
>> advise.
>> I thought I was
erasing a CD-RW this morning to copy new files to, but
>> in

>> fact I mistakenly selected my Media Disk (used for
streaming my audio
>> files exported out of Finale w/ Garritan
instruments; also the resident
>> drive for all the Garritan
libraries/samples) and am having a panic
>> attack
>> trying to figure out how to recover these files. I did not
Reformat the
>> drive so nothing has been overwritten, and I
left the machine up and
>> running withour doing anything
else. I'm hoping there is a way to
>> Un-Delete, but the Disk
Utility does not seem to have the feature
>> available. It
does allow for a restore, which i can do from my FireWire

backup , but the back up is at least a couple of weeks old and I