On Fri Aug 3 at 14:29:42 , David W. Fenton wrote:

It will be interesting to see if the same stubbornness that caused
you to refuse to do the Finale tutorials in full will cause you
problems learning Sibelius, too.

I think comments like the above are best left unsaid--thanks.
----

Im just back to composing, and copying/notation programs--my last exposure was in the 70's, as I took classes at night, and private lessons, at Juillard -- with a copying class with Arnie Arnstein.
So I can only really speak of the midi import issue with Finale.

To get anything other than the simplest music (totally quantized, or not) imported and notated has been a horror, with many weeks-months involved in working on my own, and with MM support, finding workarounds for things that don't work, and hearing the term "feature request" substituted for the dreaded word "bug".

And this is something all the other notation programs seem to have no problem with, as Finale INTRODUCES problems- (repeated notes/chord, truncated durations, etc..all amply documented and admitted to by MM..as "feature requests")

I almost feel that MM doesn't know HOW to fix these things--that whoever wrote them left with the secrets.. and couple that with the prideful stance of one who ONCE ruled the market in this..

it spells doom for them as a company.

And I really have a hard time buying their "limited resources" spiel..for one thing, their support bill is DRASTICALLY reduced by lists like this..

They seem to be making EVERY mistake that can be made..while Sibelius is definitely on the right track.

Maybe all users should delay, and hold off on ANY upgrades, until bugs are fixed..and keep openly publicizing (as is being done) the problems so as to warn new users of Finales problems, BEFORE they purchase..

I for one would NEVER have bought it, had I known the problems with midi import...and all the rest I read about, just reinforces that.

I seem to spending all my time looking for these "workarounds" for things that just dont work.

Just my 2 cents.

Peace, Bob Morabito