I use the RAM Disk to store Finale Temp files and the music that I am working on during a given session. Sure, HDs are fast these days, but HDs have moving parts. The RAM Disk is ultra fast, and has no moving parts...faster than any HD, and RAM is cheap. I don't consider assigning some of my plentiful RAM to a RAM Disk to be a waste of memory. The speed boost is worth it and I am saving ware and tear on my HD.