On 07.08.2007 Lawrence David Eden wrote:
I use the RAM Disk to store Finale Temp files and the music that I am working
on during a given session.  Sure, HDs are fast these days, but HDs have moving
parts.  The RAM Disk is ultra fast, and has no moving parts...faster than any
HD, and RAM is cheap.  I don't consider assigning some of my plentiful RAM to a
RAM Disk to be a waste of memory.  The speed boost is worth it and I am saving
ware and tear on my HD.

I honestly cannot believe that you notice any speed improvement by storing temp files on a RAM disk in OS X. Keeping RAM free will be of more benefit. OS X is fundamentally different from OS 9 in this respect.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de